Friday, July 10, 2009

Flipping through the Bible

Here's one of those moments I've loved telling people about. It was the day of Steve's first talk with the leader of our church's mission's team, at about the time the girls went down for nap. So i told myself i would pray for Steve while i ate my lunch and weeded the garden....I grabbed my Bible and salad and headed out to sit in the sun. I realized it wasn't the Bible i usually use, but it was out cause Steve's been using it lately. It was the Bible i had in college - and I opened it with a sort of "i wonder what i could read that would help me pray about this" type attitude. As i started flipping through I noticed i had done a fair amount of underlining in the past. I glanced at a few notes i'd written in margins. Then i saw a bookmark - a receipt for godiva chocolate with a scribble from steve on it, from probably 12 years ago. Then I noticed a verse underlined on that open page that said this:
(Ps 67:1-2) "May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine upon us, that Your ways may be known on earth, Your salvation among all nations."
Ummmm….OK God, I’ll pray about that! God keeps speaking to us from His Word - like never before. It was much needed confirmation that I’m praising God for.

No comments: