Friday, January 16, 2009

"You broaden the path beneath me, so that my feet do not slip"

I think about something all the time when I'm praying about England. About 2 days before our trip, we were running around trying to get everything done - packing, cleaning the house, running errands, etc. I had been working on creating a new play space in the basement so our girls could have a distraction while we were gone... So the room that had once been surrounded with "stuff," was slowly getting cleaned out and redesigned. I had just thought to myself "wow, look at this space - it's so open." I had run upstairs to grab something, and then headed back downstairs. On the way, I came real close to biffing it on the steps - I mean real close. But I caught myself, and with my heart pounding, immediately, the verse we had chosen to sort of mark this time in our walk with God, came to my mind. Standing on the steps, I could see into the room with the newly broadened space, and immediately to my mind came the verse, "You broaden the path beneath me, so that my feed do not slip." (Another version says "so that my ankles do not turn.") Yeah, that's God. I felt Him right then - and I just sat down and started to cry. He's been giving us little reminders that He's up to something all along.

No comments: